Centre of Excellence in Maritime and Shipbuilding (CEMS)
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Qualification and Experience:
1. Graduate degree in Engineering from a recognized University and MBA from premier institute/ university having experience in leadership role in large institute/organization.
2. Minimum 20 years of progressive experience out of which at least 10 years plus in Senior Management role in the organization or major vertical in those organizations. Experience in the ship building or other relevant subsectors in the Port and Maritime sector would be considered added advantage for this position. Minimum 5 years’ experience should be in leadership role in marketing, partnerships, capacity building, team and relationship management.
3. Proven track record of managing large projects involving youth/Engineering/ sustainable business enterprise.
4. Experience in strategic planning and execution
5. Experience in dealing with diversified range of stakeholders in both industry and government
Key Functions and Responsibilities
1. Provide strategic leadership for the development of CEMS and creating brand name for CEMS in locally as well as internationally. Reporting to Board of Directors, day to day running of CEMS and achieve stated key performance indicators like revenue targets, student enrollments, skill training, industry/ institutional tie ups, job placements and industry consultancies and research projects.
2. Should have a strong marketing background, ability to Network with top leadership in industry, enable secure candidates and placements and ultimately build up a brand value for CEMS.
3. Responsible for financial sustainability of the organization. Manage cash flows / allocated budget & proper documentation of operating expenditure.
4. Lead and position CEMS as an international institution in skill development in the Maritime and Ship building sector. Prepare a detailed business plan over 3-5 years to translate strategy into operations.
5. Ensure legal/ statutory compliances and keep the organization well-resourced in terms of finance, knowledge, partnerships and implementation capabilities.
6. Partner with employers to ensure placement of the students.
7. Supervise administrative decisions of the CEMS – recruiting, mentoring and budgeting for the functions. Drive end to end Project monitoring and reporting.
8. Understand the business strategy for new projects from senior management, assimilate all information & present the development strategy including commercial viability.
9. Work closely with Government/ regulatory authorities/ statutory/ law enforcement agencies, Architects/ Consultants / vendors / PMCs, Bankers, Contractors and Vendors
10. Excellent leadership, language and people skills to drive large scale projects.
Remuneration: Total CTC of Rs. 45Lacs pa. would be offered to right candidate and a company owned vehicle also would be provided with reimbursement of Car related expenses.
Email resume with a covering letter to email@example.com within 10 working days from the date of advertisement in the news paper i.e. 14 July 2020.