CEMS is looking to hire a Chief Operating Officer to operationalize and lead CEMS. The following are the details:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer / Center Head
Location: Vishakapatnam, A.P
Qualification and Experience:
- Graduate degree in Engineering from a recognized University and/or MBA from premier university or comparable vocational qualification in technical domain with outstanding experience in skill development in India/abroad.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive experience, 10 years in running any institution / skill training center’s in manufacturing domain any experience in the ship building/ship repair/ship breaking or other relevant subsectors in the Port and Maritime sector would be considered added advantage for this position and at least 5 years in leadership role in for profit skill development space (including mobilization of students and working professionals /marketing, partnerships with entities in India or abroad, capacity building/team & relationship management)
- Proven track record of managing large institutions profitably and sustainable business
- Implement/Execute strategic direction and plans of Board of Directors of CEMS.
- Experience in dealing with diversified range of stakeholders in both industry and government
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership for the development of CEMS as Chief Operating Officer and Head of Visakhapatnam Center. Day to day running of Center and achieve stated key performance indicators of student enrollments, skill trainings, industry / institutional tie ups, job placements and industry consultancies and research projects.
- Support CEO in achieving financial sustainability of the organization. Manage cash flows / allocated budget & proper documentation of operating expenditure.
- Support CEO in Leading and positioning CEMS as an international institution in the skill development in the Maritime and Ship building sector.
- Support CEO in ensuring legal/ statutory compliances and keep the organization well-resourced in terms of finance, knowledge, partnerships and implementation
- Working with CEO to partner with prospective employers to ensure placement of the students.
- Support CEO in administrative decisions of the CEMS – recruiting, mentoring and budgeting for the functions. Drive end to end Project monitoring and reporting.
- Understand the business strategy for new projects from senior management, assimilate all information & present the development strategy including commercial viability.
- Work closely with Government/ regulatory authorities/ statutory/ law enforcement agencies, Architects/ Consultants / vendors / PMCs, Bankers, Contractors and Vendors.
- Excellent leadership, language and people skills to drive large scale projects
Email resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th January, 2018. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Salary will be as per market standards and commensurate with qualification and experience.