CEMS is looking to hire a CEO to operationalize and lead CEMS. The following are the details:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Mumbai / Visakhapatnam, A.P
Qualification and Experience:
- Graduate degree in Engineering from a recognized University and/or MBA from premier university or comparable vocational qualification in technical domain with outstanding experience in skill development in India/abroad or having experience in leadership roles in large multifaceted manufacturing organizations.
- Minimum 20 years of progressive experience out of which at least 10 years plus in leadership role running the organizations or major vertical in those organizations. And/or 10 years plus in running any institution / skill training centers in manufacturing domain, any experience in the ship building/ship repair/ship breaking or other relevant subsectors in the Port and Maritime sector would be considered added advantage for this position in the ship building/ship repair/ship breaking or other relevant subsectors in the Port and Maritime sector and at least 5 years in leadership role in for profit skill development space (including mobilization/marketing, partnerships capacity building/team & relationship management)
- Proven track record of managing large projects involving youth/Engineering/ sustainable business
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Experience in dealing with diversified range of stakeholders in both industry and government
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership for the development of CEMS and 360 degree responsibility to deliver on time, cost & quality. Reporting to Board of Directors, day to day running of CEMS and achieve stated key performance indicators like student enrollments, skill trainings, industry / institutional tie ups, job placements and industry consultancies and research projects.
- Responsible for financial sustainability of the organization. Manage cash flows / allocated budget & proper documentation of operating expenditure
- Lead and position CEMS as an international institution in the skill development in the Maritime and Ship building sector. Coordinate with architects, consultants, industry partners etc. to prepare a detailed project plan to translate strategy into operations
- Ensure legal/ statutory compliances and keep the organization well-resourced in terms of finance, knowledge, partnerships and implementation
- Partner with employers to ensure placement of the students.
- Look after administrative decisions of the CEMS – recruiting, mentoring and budgeting for the functions. Drive end to end Project monitoring and reporting,
- Understand the business strategy for new projects from senior management, assimilate all information & present the development strategy including commercial viability
- Work closely with Government/ regulatory authorities/ statutory/ law enforcement agencies, Architects/ Consultants / vendors / PMCs, Bankers, Contractors and Vendors
- Excellent leadership, language and people skills to drive large scale projects
Email resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th January, 2018. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Salary will be as per market standards and commensurate with qualification and experience.